Join the Friends
You can purchase a Friends membership online or you can download a membership form to fill out and send in with a check.
The Friends of Waukesha Public Library are an organization of library and book lovers who work together to promote and expand the programs and services of the library. They actively support the mission of the Library, are a valuable link between the Library and community, and they provide funding to enhance the quality library services offered to City of Waukesha residents and surrounding communities.
The Friends support the Library in many ways: by spreading the word about library programs, resources, and services; volunteering at various events, programs and fundraisers; providing seed money for new Library collections; supporting programs and projects; and purchasing special request items not allocated in the Library’s general operating budget. In 2016 the Friends donated more than 340 hours of volunteer work to the Library which is the equivalent of more than $4,000 of staff time.
The Friends have improved the Waukesha Public Library in a wide variety of ways. Among them:
- Purchased public art panels for the library lobby
- Held book discussions for teens and adults
- Provided incentives for both the children’s and teen Summer Reading Clubs
- Established Library Book Group Kit collection
- Funded annual “Bright Beginnings Workshop” for childcare providers
- Funded annual Volunteer Recognition Luncheon
- Funded BookPage publication monthly distribution
- Provided furniture in the “Teen Zone”
- Funded programming for children, teens, and adults
- Major funding partner for 321 Alphabet Square Early Learning Center
- Provided financial and volunteer support for Waukesha Reads community-wide reading program
Get Involved with the Friends
Want to volunteer your time? Have some experience with public libraries, book sales, or marketing? We welcome you aboard!
- Donate books for the used book sale shelf
- Volunteer for special events & fundraising efforts
- Be an advocate for your library and let your voice be heard!