Library Associate - Part Time (25 hours/week)
Waukesha Public Library champions the power of reading and learning to enrich, empower, and engage all in our community. The Library seeks a highly motivated, detail-oriented individual to assist the Marketing and Communications Manager with promotional and marketing needs for the Library. The Library is looking for a candidate who works well with all kinds of people and understands the transformative value that a library brings to its community. The Library’s Service Values guide our work and our commitment to serve everyone.
THE POSITION: Under the general direction of the Marketing and Communications Manager, the individual in this position will be responsible for:
- Planning, writing, producing, and managing marketing and branding content.
- Creating graphic design content to promote all Library programs.
- Planning, writing and disseminating e-newsletters and press releases.
- Assisting with the Library’s Waukesha Reads program.
Schedule will include mornings, afternoons, evenings until 8:45 p.m., and weekends. Schedule flexibility is essential.
REQUIREMENTS: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree and major coursework in library sciences, education, graphic design, marketing, public relations or other related field and at least 2 years of library experience; or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the following knowledge, ability and skills:
- Knowledge of graphic design principles and desktop publishing software, website management, knowledge of public information and library principles, methods and practices.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, coworkers and the public.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, multitasking and prioritizing workload.
- Skills in oral and written communications, public relations and organizational proficiencies and time management.
The 2020 salary range is $23.18 per hour to a maximum of $31.29 per hour achieved through merit increases.
Online application is available on the City of Waukesha's website: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/waukesha?
In addition to the online application, please attach to the application your resume and a letter of interest addressed to Bruce Gay, Library Director.
Deadline to apply: 4:30 PM, Friday, January 15, 2021.
Miscellaneous Employment Information
Please note that the Library does not maintain a resume file or applicant list and can only accept employment applications when a position has been approved and posted.
The Waukesha Public Library is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.