PAGE SHELVER – CIRCULATION SERVICES
PART-TIME 20-23 HPW
Waukesha Public Library champions the power of reading and learning to enrich, empower, and engage all in our community. The Library seeks a highly motivated, detail oriented individual to shelve library materials in the Circulation Services Department.
The individual in this position:
- Organizes books to be re-shelved, sorts and shelves library materials, keeping the shelves in Dewey Decimal order
- Checks in and straightens newspapers
- Empties book returns, checks in library materials as needed
- Assists with closing procedures
Schedule will include mornings, afternoons, evenings until 8:45 p.m., and weekends.
Schedule flexibility is essential.
Requirements: Graduation from high school or GED equivalent or current enrollment in high school and 16 years of age; or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the following knowledge, ability and skills:
- Knowledge of the Dewey Decimal system and the use of standard office equipment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, coworkers and the public.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, multitasking and prioritizing workload.
- Skills in organizational proficiencies and time management.
The 2020 salary range is $12.33 per hour to a maximum of $16.65 per hour achieved through merit increases.
Apply online by 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, January 21, 2020. Please include a letter of interest to:
Online application is available on the City of Waukesha's website: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/waukesha
Full job description available upon request
Miscellaneous Employment Information
Please note that the Library does not maintain a resume file or applicant list and can only accept employment applications when a position has been approved and posted.
The Waukesha Public Library is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.