Library Associate - Marketing
Part-time, 25 hours per week
Waukesha Public Library champions the power of reading and learning to enrich, empower, and engage all in our community. The Library seeks a highly motivated, detail-oriented individual to assist the Marketing and Communications Manager with promotional and marketing needs for the Library. The Library is looking for a candidate who works well with all kinds of people and understands the transformative value that a library brings to its community. The Library’s Service Values guide our work and our commitment to serve everyone.
The 2022 salary range is $23.53 per hour to a maximum of $31.77 per hour achieved through merit increases.
Apply on the City of Waukesha's website:
Explore the City's benefits here: City of Waukesha Benefit Guide
In addition to the online application, please attach your resume and a letter of interest addressed to Bruce Gay, Library Director.
Deadline to apply: 4:30 PM, Friday, December 9, 2022
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
Under the general direction of the Marketing and Communications Manager, the individual in this position will be responsible for:
- Planning, writing, producing, and managing marketing and branding content.
- Creating graphic design content to promote all Library programs.
- Planning, writing, and disseminating e-newsletters and press releases.
- Assisting with the Library’s Waukesha Reads program.
Requirements: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree and major coursework in library sciences, education, graphic design, marketing, public relations or other related field and at least 2 years of library experience; or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the following knowledge, ability and skills:
- Knowledge of graphic design principles and desktop publishing software, website management, knowledge of public information and library principles, methods and practices.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, coworkers, and the public.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, multitasking and prioritizing workload.
- Skills in oral and written communications, public relations and organizational proficiencies, and time management.
The City of Waukesha is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Miscellaneous Employment Information
Please note that the Library does not maintain a resume file or applicant list and can only accept employment applications when a position has been approved and posted.
Waukesha Public Library is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.