Starting October 1, the Library will be hosting a supply drive for the Women’s Center of Wisconsin. Donation bins will be set up in the Library lobby. The following items are currently high-priority needs:
- Hair conditioner (not shampoo)
- Bath towels
- Gel pens
- Medical ice packs
- Baking pans and cookie sheets
- Sports bras, preferably black (2X-4X)
- Tracfones and Tracfone minutes
- Latex-free disposable gloves
- Masks (N-95 and surgical preferred, handmade and other also appreciated)
- Ladies Underwear (L-2XL)
Only NEW items will be accepted. You can view more information and other wish lists on their website.
From October 25 – November 5, we will be forgiving $1.00 in existing Library fines for every item donated to the Women’s Center. If you do not have Library fines, you will receive a $1 coupon for the Friends of Waukesha Public Library Book Sale. During this time, donations must be made at the Special Services Desk. Fine forgiveness will not be granted for donations made prior to October 25 or for any donations left in the lobby bins.
If you or someone you know needs help, The Women’s Center is always available. Call their 24-hour hotline at: 262-542-3828.