Donate to WPL
The Library will gratefully accept lightly used books in excellent condition. Many of them will be sold through the Friends of the Library ongoing book sale, but selected items may be added to the Library's collection. All proceeds from the Friends book sale are used to enhance the programs and collections of the Waukesha Public Library.
Materials that are most welcome include:
- Anything about Waukesha or Wisconsin history
- Recent fiction/nonfiction books in excellent condition
- Paperbacks that are like new
- Children's books
- Recent best sellers
- Audio and video cassettes in excellent condition
Your items will be accepted at the Checkout Desk. Donation receipts are available.
If your items do not meet the criteria listed above, please call us at 262-524-3682 for information about other locations that accept donations of used books.
Sorry, but due to space and storage limitations, the library cannot accept the following types of materials:
- Old encyclopedia sets
- Reader's Digest Condensed Books
- Books that are more than ten years old (except local history)
- Books previously discarded from libraries
- Items that are tattered, yellowed, musty, stained
- Items that are highlighted, written in, or that have loose pages
- Paperbacks that are obviously worn
- Computer software and computer manuals
- Videos that have been viewed more than a few times
Financial Donations & Gifts
Making a monetary donation to the library for the purpose of purchasing new material is also an excellent means of honoring or remembering a loved one, and you can certainly designate a person to be honored or the family member to be notified if the gift is a memorial. It is very helpful if broad subjects of interest are designated, so that an appropriate item may be selected. The item that is purchased will have a bookplate affixed which indicates both the person being honored and the name of the donor. Questions? Call us 262-524-3694 and we'll be happy to help!