The Library seeks a highly motivated and technology savvy, public-service-oriented individual to provide tech support to library patrons and staff.
THE POSITION: The Library is looking for a self-motivated and supportive employee to work in the Library’s Technology Department whose duties include:
- perform complex technical tasks to insure continued operation of all Library computer equipment, including PCs, notebooks, printers, scanners, copiers and other peripheral devices;
- provide support, maintenance and replacement for all equipment;
- install, configure and troubleshoot software applications;
- provide assistance with technology setup and take down for meetings and programming for both internal library use and public events;
- provide on-site and telephone based technical support for all workstations, terminals and peripheral devices;
- provide training, support and general supervision on the appropriate use of computer equipment to all library users, as needed; and
- other duties as assigned.
The Library is looking for a candidate who works well with all kinds of people and understands the transformative value of a library to its community.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Graduation from an accredited college or university with an Associate’s Degree and major coursework in computer operations, and at least 1–3 years of related experience, with some public library experience preferred. See the online application for more details about the position.
Schedule may include evening and weekend hours.
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM: This is a rare opportunity to work at an exceptional public library. Waukesha Public Library champions the power of reading and learning to enrich, empower, and engage all in our community. The Waukesha Public Library’s Service Values guide our work and our commitment to serve everyone. The Library offers an inclusive work environment and a competitive salary. The 2019 salary range is $25.27 per hour to a maximum of $34.11 per hour achieved through merit increases.
Online application is available on the City of Waukesha’s website: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/waukesha
In addition to the online application, please attach a letter of interest to Bruce Gay, Library Director.
Deadline to apply: 4:30 p.m. Friday, April 26, 2019