Waukesha Public Library is currently offering limited services. We know you are anxious to come back to the Library, and we look forward to serving you! Because WPL is a very busy building, with over one thousand daily visitors and countless high-touch public areas, we are reopening gradually to ensure that we can keep a clean and safe space for you and our staff.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND
- All visitors are required to wear a mask while inside the Library.
- Library employees are wearing masks, sanitizing their hands, and maintaining a safe distance to keep everyone healthy.
- For everyone’s safety, please limit your time in the Library. Seating areas and tables are not available.
(Outdoor Holds Pickup has been discontinued.)
Monday, 9:00 AM - 8:30 PM
Tuesday - Friday, 9:00 AM-6:00 PM
Saturday, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Library Occupancy is limited.
Based on recommendations from FEMA and the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction, we will limit access to 40 people at a time in the building.
We encourage you to pay your fines online.
We will accept payments at the Special Services Desk, if necessary.
Our building is open to provide the following services:
- Grab & Go holds pickup. Come into the Library, grab your items from the self-service holds shelves, and use our touchless self-checkout machines.
- Most of our collections on the first and second floors are open for browsing!
- You may print, make copies, fax, scan, and use our microfilm machine. We ask that you work quickly to limit your time in the Library.
- A limited number of computers are available for 30 minutes of use.
- Staff members are available at all three of our service desks.
- Our outside book return is open.
- Our restrooms are open.
- Our Friends of Waukesha Public Library Used Book Sale is open.
These services are not available:
- The magazine/newspaper room is closed. Please ask a staff member for help accessing items from that collection.
- The children's play areas are closed.
- All in-house Library programs are cancelled indefinitely, and our Community Room is closed.