Waukesha Public Library is currently offering limited services. We know you are anxious to come back to the Library, and we look forward to serving you! Because WPL is a very busy building, with over one thousand daily visitors and countless high-touch public areas, we are reopening gradually to ensure that we can keep a clean and safe space for you and our staff.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND
- All visitors are required to wear a mask while inside the Library.
- Library employees are wearing masks, sanitizing their hands, and maintaining a safe distance to keep everyone healthy.
- For everyone’s safety, please limit your time in the Library to 15 minutes or less. Seating areas and tables are not available.
(Outdoor Holds Pickup has been discontinued.)
Monday - Friday, 9:00 AM-6:00 PM
Saturday, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Library Occupancy is limited.
Based on recommendations from FEMA and the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction, we will limit access to 40 people at a time in the building.
We encourage you to pay your fines online.
We will accept payments at the Special Services Desk, if necessary.
Our building is open to provide the following services:
- Grab & Go holds pickup. Come into the Library, grab your items from the self-service holds shelves, and use our touchless self-checkout machines. Staff will be available if you need help.
- Our adult AV collections are now open for browsing! Come in and look through our DVDs, BLU-RAYs, CDBOOKs, CDs, and PLAYAWAYs.
- Staff can help you print, make copies, fax, and scan.
- Staff is available to answer quick reference questions.
- Our outside book return is open.
- Our restrooms are open.
These services are not available:
- Public computers and microfilm readers are not available.
- To limit the area we need to sanitize, all our bookshelves, the Teen Zone, and the Children’s Department are closed—so browsing the stacks is not an option. You can browse our New Books Area, our Adult AV Collection, and a variety of displays on the first floor and in the lobby.
- Staff will attempt to pull items for you if they are on the shelf, but your best option is to place holds (online or over the phone) and then stop in once you are notified that they are available. Holds notification has been restored.
- All in-house Library programs are cancelled indefinitely, and our Community Room and study rooms are closed.