The Waukesha Public Library is seeking an experienced, creative, customer-focused leader to play a key role on its management team. With an emphasis on customer service, information services and collection development, the individual in this position:
- Oversees the daily and long term operation and administration of the Information Services department.
- Directs, schedules, trains and evaluates the work of the Information Services professional and support staff.
- Supervises and participates in collection development for all adult and teen collections.
- Manages the Library’s outreach service to local assisted living facilities, nursing homes and the private residences of homebound citizens.
- Supervises and participates in the provision of reference service at the adult reference desk, including assisting patrons with all aspects of the Library’s services and technology.
- Oversees the Library’s participation in the State and Federal Depository Programs.
- Coordinates Library classes, programs and bibliographic instruction.
- Supervises and participates in the planning and implementation of the Adult and Teen summer reading programs.
- Manages the Library’s participation in the state and national interlibrary loan service.
Requirements: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Master’s Degree in Library Science and at least 4 to 6 years of related work experience in library management or other related experience; or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the following knowledge, ability and skills:
- Knowledge of library and information science; library organization and administration methods and procedures; information resources available from other libraries, the library system and other sources in the community, county and state.
- Ability to interpret statistical data, analyze information and evaluate programs; prepare clear and concise reports; and establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Effective skills in oral and written communications; planning, organization and leadership.
The Waukesha Public Library is located in the City of Waukesha, Wisconsin, 20 miles west of Milwaukee. With a service population of over 92,000, the Library is a member of the Bridges Library System.
Apply by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, September 2, 2016 with a resume and letter of interest to:
Grant Lynch, Executive Director
Waukesha Public Library
321 Wisconsin Avenue
Waukesha, WI 53186