Drop by after school on Tuesday, September 13 and compete! Top racers will win iTunes gift cards. Teens in grades 7-12 are invited, and snacks will be provided.
Due to a break in fiber optic lines for the City, Waukesha Public Library as well as City of Waukesha, Waukesha County, and many Waukesha school districts are without Internet access. This also means that the Library does not have telephone service.
The library is still open and you can come in and browse our amazing collection of books, movies, and magazines. The online catalog is still running so you can access your account to search for material, renew items, and place items on hold.
The City reports that the fiber optic lines won’t be repaired until late this evening. This means we should be fully operational for Wednesday August 17.
Thank you for your patience.
The Waukesha Public Library is seeking an experienced, creative, customer-focused leader to play a key role on its management team. With an emphasis on customer service, information services and collection development, the individual in this position:
- Oversees the daily and long term operation and administration of the Information Services department.
- Directs, schedules, trains and evaluates the work of the Information Services professional and support staff.
- Supervises and participates in collection development for all adult and teen collections.
- Manages the Library’s outreach service to local assisted living facilities, nursing homes and the private residences of homebound citizens.
- Supervises and participates in the provision of reference service at the adult reference desk, including assisting patrons with all aspects of the Library’s services and technology.
- Oversees the Library’s participation in the State and Federal Depository Programs.
- Coordinates Library classes, programs and bibliographic instruction.
- Supervises and participates in the planning and implementation of the Adult and Teen summer reading programs.
- Manages the Library’s participation in the state and national interlibrary loan service.
Requirements: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Master’s Degree in Library Science and at least 4 to 6 years of related work experience in library management or other related experience; or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the following knowledge, ability and skills:
- Knowledge of library and information science; library organization and administration methods and procedures; information resources available from other libraries, the library system and other sources in the community, county and state.
- Ability to interpret statistical data, analyze information and evaluate programs; prepare clear and concise reports; and establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Effective skills in oral and written communications; planning, organization and leadership.
The Waukesha Public Library is located in the City of Waukesha, Wisconsin, 20 miles west of Milwaukee. With a service population of over 92,000, the Library is a member of the Bridges Library System.
Apply by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, September 2, 2016 with a resume and letter of interest to:
Grant Lynch, Executive Director
Waukesha Public Library
321 Wisconsin Avenue
Waukesha, WI 53186
Culver’s donates 10% of sales from a specific location (see below) to the Friends of Waukesha Public Library.
Please note the times of the event listed below.
Culver’s 2600 N Grandview Blvd
- September 7, 2016 – Bonfire
- December 7, 2016 – Turtle Dove
- March 1, 2017 – Andes Mint Avalanche
- June 7, 2017 – Double Strawberry
Culver’s 840 W. Sunset Drive
- October 5, 2016 – Pumpkin Pecan
- January 4, 2017 – KitKat Swirl
- April 5, 2017 – Really Reese’s
Culver’s 1650 E Main Street (enter by Woodman’s)
- November 2, 2016 – Snickers Swirl
- February 1, 2017 – Chocolate Covered Strawberry
- May 3, 2017 – Salted Double Carmel Pecan
Stop by the Teen Zone on Tuesday, August 23 from 3:3o – 5:30 and create a succulent planter out of trash! Supplies and snacks will be provided. Teens going into 7-12 grade are invite to participate.
Registration and permission slips are required for this event. Pick up your permission slip at the Reference Desk.
Celebrate a summer of reading at the Teen Summer Library Program’s End of Summer Lock-In and Grand Prize Drawing! Join us for games, a movie, pizza, Hungry, Hungry Humans, crafts, henna, prizes, and more!
The Waukesha Public Library is requesting proposals from artists interested in designing and implementing a specific work of art for this facility. Selected artists will work with the members of the Library’s Public Art Committee, as well as the Library’s Executive Director, to develop and implement their design concepts. The Library is open to proposals from artists that suggest a specific space within the Library as the most ideal site for a particular work.
In order to be considered for this project, artists must submit proposals by 5:00 PM, Monday, October 31, 2016. Please read the RFP below for all details of the submission process.
Drop by the Teen Zone on Thursday, July 28 and Friday, July 29 from 2-4 p.m. for Barbie Bod Mods! Mold, shape, color and decorate a barbie to transform it into a diverse, fabulous piece of art! Barbies, supplies, and snacks will be provided, and teens in grades 7-12 are invited. Earn extra entries towards the Grand Prize Drawing at this event!
Tuesday August 2
1:00PM to 6:00PM in the Waukesha Public Library Community Room
For an appointment call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or visit redcrossblood.org
Walk-ins welcome anytime!